The Gray Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

And Josh makes five

I'll always be a Red Sox fan first, but the Nationals are destined to be my National League team. I don't know what this enterprise will be like, dividing my loyalties and all. I think it's a safe assumption that I don't have to worry about the Sox and Nats facing off in the World Series any time soon. But I do come into this as a knowledgeable American League fan who's willing to learn. And I do have soft spots for Tomo Ohka and Tony Armas, Jr. Wil Cordero? Not so much.

Fact is, there are about a zillion Sox blogs out there and I really can't give anything to Red Sox Nation that the geniuses at Sons of Sam Horn haven't already figured out. I've found four blogs about the Nationals so far, and I hope I can add something to the chatter. In order of quality, from what I can tell:

I'm not even sure that last one is active.

It was John's post at the aptly named Washington Baseball Blog (dchardball) that got me thinking that I can do this, too. I'm going to start looking at the roster. (No way I'm going through all 40 men there. The starting lineup and important pitchers will have to do.) As Rummy might say, you play the season with the roster you have, not the roster you want. Suffice it to say that Vinny Castilla is not part of the roster I want, but I'm going to start with a clean slate.


1 Comments:

  • Hey Josh,

    I publish a Nationals' blog, as well. My page is at http://www.livejournal.com/~4thtry/

    It's nice to have this little community of Nats' blogs, don't you think? I've found less than 10 so far, but I'm sure once the season starts, it will blow up.

    Hopefully we'll be on the bottom floor of it, and we can establish a reputation before all the crappy ones come in.

    Hey, if you want to talk Nats', just leave a comment on my page with your email address.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home