The Gray Pages

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Abridged predictions, post-trading deadline

AL East: Yankees win. The Red Sox had a chance to put them away. Now the injury shoe is on the other foot (how's that for a mixed metaphor?) and the Sox are in trouble. And Abreau certainly doesn't hurt them, even if he has no power anymore. Toronto sure disappeared fast, huh?

AL Central: Tigers. It's over like the NL East is over.

AL West: I don't know. I thought the Angels would make a deadline move, and they didn't. So I guess I like Oakland. Texas is dead to me.

AL Wild Card. The Sox. Just don't know which one yet. The Twins don't have enough hitting to compete, and now Liriano's hurt.

AL Champ: Les Tigres. I have no idea what joke I'm making here.

NL East: The Mets. Remember when we used to call them the Mess? Good times.

NL Central: The Reds, I guess. Why don't I like the Cardinals? I don't know. I'll flip this back any day now.

NL West: Arizona. Still waiting for Chad Tracy to wake up.

NL Wild Card: Wide open. And the National League is so weak that a 6-game winning streak pushes a team to the top. I'm sad to admit that the Brewers will not be that team. Right now the 2003 Red Sox (aka the Dodgers) are my favorite. Grady Little will screw this up.

NL Champ: The Mets.

1 Comments:

  • "I guess the hand is on the other foot now, isn't it, Kramer?"

    For the most part, I agree with your predictions, but I just can't get behind Cincy. That -27 run differential is a bad sign for a team 4 games over .500. I believe Pujols is more than capable of putting that otherwise 75-win team of his on his back and taking the flag.

    Boston's failure to capitalize on the Yankees rotating Larry, Curly and Moe at the corner OF spots is depressing. I'm only pulling for Boston under the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" theory, but still, it would have been nice to see BOTH ultra-depressing division champ streaks end this year. Instead, it's just the Braves' streak that will come to an end.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home