The Gray Pages

Friday, November 10, 2006

Karl Rove: Pants Aflame?

SIEGEL: We're in the home stretch, though, and many would consider you on the optimistic end of realism about --

ROVE: Not that you would be exhibiting a bias . . .

SIEGEL: I'm looking at all the same polls that you're looking at every day.

ROVE: No, you're not. No, you're not.

SIEGEL: No, I'm not.

ROVE: No, you're not. You're not. I'm looking at 68 polls a week. You may be looking at four or five public polls a week that talk about attitudes nationally but that do not impact the outcome of --

SIEGEL: I'm looking at main races between -- certainly Senate races.

ROVE: Well, like the poll today showing that Corker's ahead in Tennessee, or the poll showing that Allen is pulling away in the Virginia Senate race.

SIEGEL: Leading Webb in Virginia, yeah.

Mr. ROVE: Exactly.

SIEGEL: But you've seen the DeWine race and the Santorum race -- I don't want to have you call races.

ROVE: Yeah, I'm looking at all these, Robert, and adding them up, and I add up to a Republican Senate and Republican House. You may end up with a different math, but you're entitled to your math, I'm entitled to THE math.

SIEGEL: Well, I don't know if we're entitled to our different math, but you're certainly --

ROVE: I said THE math. I said you're entitled to yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home