The Gray Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

For most of us, the story got less funny yesterday

I was thinking about removing my Daily Show transcript from the site, because this story got a lot less funny after the victim had a heart attack and returned to intensive care. I'm keeping it up because I only have this blog to keep a record of what I was thinking about at the time that I post.

And now, the President's Press Secretary:

[Scott] McClellan said he learned of Whittington's condition ''literally just before I was going out to brief" reporters at the White House yesterday. McClellan said he kept the news to himself because ''we didn't know all the facts, and I'm not a doctor." Minutes after the briefing, officials in Texas announced that Whittington was taken to intensive care.

Which is interesting, because Dana Milbank noted that he "was in fine fettle yesterday morning when he strode smiling into the briefing room and made a joke about Vice President Cheney's hunting accident."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home