The Gray Pages

Monday, July 09, 2007

All-Star Break Predictions

At the start of the season, I made predictions for the Major and Minor Leagues. Second thoughts? Maybe.

ALE: BOS, TOR, NYY, TB, BAL
- Will Ortiz, Manny, Lugo and Drew start hitting and make this team unbelievable?
- Or will Lowell, Youkilis, Pedroia, and Varitek fall back to lower level and make this team, uh, believable?
- Will NYY collapse like a house of cards, or make a run at the Wild Card? I'm guessing (a).

ALC: CLE, DET, MIN, CWS, KC
- Was I right about the White Sox, or what?

ALW: LAA, OAK, SEA, TEX
- Was I wrong about the Rangers, or what?

Wild Card:
DET
- Or will it be Oakland?
- Can Seattle be a dark horse? I'm saying 'no.'


NLE: NYM, ATL, PHI, FLA, WAS
- What happened to Florida?
- And why do I consistently overrate the Mets?

NLC: CHC, MIL, and some other teams that no one cares about.
- Why the Cubs could overtake the Brewers: because I think the Brewers' offense has been playing over its head.
- Why the Brewers could hold on anyway: way better pitching, and a saner manager.

NLW:
SD, LA, ARI, COL, SF
- Why the Padres will win: Grady Little is managing the other guys

Wild Card:
MIL


World Series:
BOS or DET defeats MIL
(What a cop-out)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home