The Gray Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2007

I've never been much for creeds

This site's motto -- the plural of anecdote is not data -- is tested every time a player switches from the AL to NL. I'm looking at you, Joel Pinero.

If I were an agent, I would have my client sign a one-year deal to play in the NL Central (or pitch in the NL West) and then put him on the market for a huge payday. Fox Sports ranks the top 6 teams in baseball as hailing from the Junior Circuit. Sounds about right to me. But I question their ranking of the Devil Rays as the worst team in baseball. They'd be a touch under .500 in the NL.

Part of me wants to give Jim Bowden credit for what's turning into a pleasant season. And yet, the quality of the opponents is a huge distraction. Kudos to the Braves for bucking the NL trend and trying to make themselves better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home