The Gray Pages

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Plan B

I was going to make a post mocking the NJ Giants for holding their victory parade 100 miles away in downtown Manhattan, but it turns out East Rutherford is actually pretty close to NYC. So, never mind. (It looks to me like East Rutherford is closer to NYC than Foxborough is to Boston.) (Incidentally, I think football stadiums should be in the suburbs, since they're only used a handful of days each year and would never support auxiliary businesses like bars and restaurants. Commuter parking? Yes. The Cask n' Flagon? For eight home games a year, ten if you're good? No. Urban land should benefit residents. But I digress.)

But can anyone figure out what was actually taking place at the Meadowlands when this satellite photo was taken? I mean, it's lined for soccer, I get that. But why were they letting so many people onto the field? And why are the stands empty?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home