The Gray Pages

Friday, September 09, 2005

About my predictions

April 1
May 20
May 31 (my list hopeless teams)
July 6
August 17

Teams I was very wrong about in April: Minnesota, Chicago White Sox, Oakland
Teams I was somewhat wrong about in April: Texas, Arizona, New York Yankees, Houston
Players I was very wrong about in April: Randy Johnson

Teams I was very wrong about in May: Baltimore, Chicago White Sox, Houston, Oakland
Teams I was somewhat wrong about in May: New York Yankees, Milwaukee

Teams I was terribly, painfully shockingly wrong about on May 31: Houston, Oakland

Teams I was very wrong about in July: Atlanta
Teams I was somewhat wrong about in July: Washington, Philadelphia, Houston

Teams I was somewhat wrong about in August: None yet.


I'm particularly pleased by my preseason prediction of Cleveland as the AL Central winner. I don't think I went out on many a limb with my predictions with that one exception, and it worked out pretty well. No one had the White Sox as a great team this year, mostly because Jon Garland and Mark Buerle weren't supposed to be this good -- in other words, I'm not ashamed. I'm also proud of giving up on the Orioles after briefly overrating them. Good call the second time. Lastly, I've always thoguht highly of the Marlins, though sometimes I've had them out of the playoffs.

I am embarassed by my premature burial of the Yankees, the Astros, and the Athletics. And I overrated the Brewers, but if Ben Sheets has stayed healthy, I would have been right there, too.

Final predictions:
ALE: BOS, NYY, TOR, TB, BAL
ALC: CHW, CLE, MIN, DET, KC
ALW: ANA, OAK, TEX, SEA

NLE: ATL, FLA, PHI, NYM, WAS (bottom three could finish in any order. Last place: 80 wins)
NLC: STL, HOU, MIL, CHC, CIN, PIT
NLW: SD, SF, LA, ARI, COL (three-way tie for second place)

Wild Cards

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Wild Cards: Cleveland, Florida

ALCS: Boston over Cleveland
NLCS: Atlanta over St. Louis
World Series: Braves defeat Red Sox

MVPs: David Ortiz, Andruw Jones
Cys: Bartolo Colon, Chris Carpenter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home