The Gray Pages

Monday, September 19, 2005

Fathead

If you're like me (and who isn't?), you've seen ads on television for a giant vinyl posters from a company called Fathead. They never, ever say what the cost of the product is in the ads, and the fact that the product is unavailable in stores made me believe that it was even more expensive than I might have guessed.

Simpsons moment:
Lisa: Dad, remember how you said going to Itchy and Scratchy Land would be too damned expensive?
Homer: Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. Look at this bible I just got -- fifteen bucks! And talk about a preachy book...everybody's a sinner! [points to a verse] Except for this guy.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I've become cheap in my second quartile of life. Basically, I think everything should cost $3. If it's more than $3, I'm surprised. This does not bode well for me as an old man, since even at thirty, I marvel at how damned expensive everything is (except gas, which everyone else complains about). For example, when I was a kid, a pack of baseball cards -- 17 of 'em -- cost 35 cents. Today, a back of ten or nine or something costs $2. Now that's inflation. Too damned expensive.

But I gotta tell ya: $95 for a giant helmet strikes me as a lot of money.

1 Comments:

  • The fact that the product is unavailable in stores made me believe that it was even more expensive than I might have guessed.

    If you believed it to be higher than you might have guessed, why didn't you guess higher?

    Haha.

    By Blogger dl004d, at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home