The Gray Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Stuff on TV

I'm watching the West Wing on Sundays, not the Simpsons. I'll catch it in reruns, thanks.

Everybody Hates Chris is even better than I hoped.

Arrested Development is the cruelest funniest thing on broadcast television.

Desperate Housewives, I like.

I almost literally can't believe Everybody Loves Raymond won the Emmy for Best Comedy. This is an award that has zero credibility. It's almost as absurd as the fact that the Simpsons got shafted year after year for even a NOMINATION for Best Comedy. And then, as if to double the insult, they created an animation category, as if an animated show couldn't POSSIBLY be the best comedy.

How I Met Your Mother (Mondays at 8:30 on CBS) is better than the typical laugh-track CBS Monday crap-o-rama. Passing grade.

It will be a cold, cold day in Hell when I watch "Commander in Chief." Can you imagine? A woman as President? Next, we'll elect a manatee! Yes, I can imagine a woman as President; I just don't know which one. Setting up a show in which the entire premise is that it's a proposterous fantasy that a woman wouldn't resign the office because a mean old Speaker of the House growls at her ... this is drama?! Next on ABC: a 4-year old becomes editor-in-chief of a big-city daily!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home