The Gray Pages

Monday, May 01, 2006

May 1 predictions

ALE: BOS, NYY, TOR, TB, BAL
- I typed this up before the Sox won last night's glorious opener.
- Giambi is hitting better than I thought
- Toronto looks awful good. This could all change any second, and if Burnett were healthy, maybe I'd have the Blue Jays winning the division
- Baltimore's really not that bad, either

ALC: CHW, DET, CLE, MIN, KC
- The Royals are an embarassment
- Tough to say who will finish second here
- If the Twins are actually going to be this bad, then who do they jettison at the trade deadline?

ALW: OAK, LAA, TEX, SEA
- I've got nothing to add here.

NLE: NYM, ATL, PHI, WAS, FLA
- Hey, at least the Marlins have young talent
- Year Two of Bowden, and we've gotten worse. But Soriano is better than I thought he'd be.
- Pedro! Pedro! Pedro!

NLC: STL, MIL, HOU, CIN, CHC, PIT
- What don't I understand about the Astros?
- Bronson Arroyo is Exhibit 152 that the AL is a significantly tougher league than the NL.
- I believe in the Brewers, and I've got an 8th-place (out of 10) fantasy baseball team to prove it.
- St. Louis is not built for the playoffs.

NLW: Who the hell cares?
- Colorado is 15-10. Call it exhibit 153.

Wild Cards: NYY, MIL

World Series: CHW over MIL

2 Comments:

  • The I-94 World Series? The fine people of Schaumburg would be thrilled.

    Meanwhile, the preferred abbreviation for Milwaukee is MKE.

    By Blogger dl004d, at 10:33 AM  

  • All so Dick Enberg could say, "The road to the World Series runs through Schaumberg."

    MKE is an airport. MIL is a baseball team.

    By Blogger Josh, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home