The Gray Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Championship predictions

Guaranteed wrong, or your money back

Boston over Cleveland in 6 or 7. Cleveland is really, really good. But Borowski is not the guy I'd want closing games if I were an Indians fan. Also, Boston's third and fourth starters are much better than Cleveland's. That tends to, you know, matter.

Colorado over Arizona in 5. Arizona isn't good. They aren't. They have Brandon Webb and a very good closer. I liked their third baseman, Whatshisname, enough to have him on my fantasy team for a while. Chris Young is pretty good. But, sheesh. When I whine about the inferiority of the National League, the Diamondbacks are practically Exhibit A. The Twins would beat them in 5, and the Twins finished under .500 in the AL. That's not to say that Colorado stinks. They have a very nice bullpen and good hitters. Troy Palamalu or whatever looks really good to me. (Repeat after me: "If he were playing in New York, blah blah blah ...") This could be a very, very boring series.

2 Comments:

  • I don't disagree with your predictions. But I don't know why you think that Boston's third and fourth starters are better than Cleveland's.

    Can you pick out which starters are Boston's and which are Cleveland's?

    PLAYER A:
    6.39 IP/GS, 2.51 K/BB, 1.32 WHIP, 4.40 ERA, .730 OPS against

    PLAYER B:
    6.2 IP/GS, 3.14 K/BB, 1.39 WHIP, 4.59 ERA, .800 OPS against

    PLAYER C:
    6.08 IP/GS, 1.69 K/BB, 1.41 WHIP, 4.32 ERA, .726 OPS against

    PLAYER D:
    6.09 IP/GS, 1.72 K/BB, 1.35 WHIP, 4.76 ERA, .752 OPS against


    ... And I don't agree that the COL-ARI series will be boring. Both teams play with a lot of energy, play pretty good defense and put the ball in play. Your inability (or unwillingness) to learn about the NL players suggests to me a self-fulfilling prophecy of boredom.

    By Blogger Jason Hammersla, at 12:26 PM  

  • These are the two best NL teams this year (based only on wins), so it should be a good series!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home