The Gray Pages

Monday, October 01, 2007

Playoff favorites

Not who I think will win, but who I want to win.

1. Boston Red Sox
2. Chicago Cubs
3. Cleveland Indians
4. Philadelphia Phillies
5. Colorado Rockies
6. Los Angeles Angels
7. Arizona Diamondbacks
8. San Diego Padres
9. New York Yankees

I think it's safe to say that my preferred order of outcomes has the Red Sox over Chicago (because at least they'd go to the Series), and then no one in particular. There are no dragons to slay in the NL. If the Mets were in it, I'd be secretly rooting for them. Ditto the Dodgers, just so I could look forward to the welcome Grady Little would get at Fenway.

I'd like to see NYY lose to, in order: Boston, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Chicago, Arizona, Philadelphia, Colorado, San Diego. Whatever causes maximum pain. I think that ranks it.

Who do I think will win? Honestly, I have no idea. I like the Sox, but the Indians and Yankees could do some damage. I don't worry about LAA winning, not since the Sox -- I think -- kill John Lackey. Honestly, who knows what version of NYY will show up?

In the NL? I guess you've got to go with the hot hands. But, still, the Cubs seems like the best team standing.

1 Comments:

  • I really don't know where to put Arizona on this list. It may wind up that I start rooting for them.

    By Blogger Josh, at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home