The Gray Pages

Monday, October 15, 2007

S-M-R-T

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life. Like that I time I said New Coke was destined to be a hit. Or that Jackie Gutierrez was a slick-fielding shortstop with a great future. Or how the Ford Edsel would save Detroit.

But I'm rather proud of these AL predictions for the 2007 season. Now, I have to admit that I was all wrong about the AL West. Painfully so. But asking if the Yankees had enough starting pitching, and getting excited about Cleveland's young talent (okay, I was technically talking about that third baseman who tanked -- Andy Marte -- and Josh Barfield, and not Carmona), and the Royals WERE fun to watch for the last couple of months ... this is really as close as I ever get to being right. Let me soak it in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home