The Gray Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

87 long years



"Eighty-seven long years. We waited 87 long years. And true suffering Red Sox fans that my family and I are, we could not have been more happy than to see the Red Sox win the World Series." -- Mitt Romney

It was 86. But that's not my point.

I'm just curious when the son of the Michigan governor became a Red Sox fan. Or his wife, who was also born in Michigan. Here's other parts of his bio (edited without ellipses), if Wikipedia can be trusted:

Mitt Romney graduated from the Cranbrook School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. After attending Stanford University for two quarters, Romney served in France for 30 months as a missionary. After his mission service Romney began attending Brigham Young University, earning his B.A. summa cum laude in 1971. [He was 24.] In 1975, Romney graduated from a joint JD/MBA program coordinated between Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School.

Okay, so sometime in his mid-20s, he moved to Massachusetts and became a Red Sox fan. I started being a Red Sox in 1975, too, so maybe I shouldn't be so doubtful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home