The Gray Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Sara Chronicles

We keep the radio on the oldies station fairly often -- happy music, happy baby, no Wiggles or Yanni or KidzBop or Barney the Purple Dinosaur or whatever.

Typically, when I sing along with the radio and to Sara, I insert her name somewhere in the song or somehow make it about her. This works pretty well. First of all, the word "baby" is already in about 90 percent of the songs ever recorded. Second of all, she doesn't understand what the lyrics are about (thus making it not-at-all weird when I sing "Brown-Eyed Girl" to her). ("Makin' love in the green grass behind the stadium with you, my brown-eyed girl.")

Yesterday, KC & the Sunshine Band messed me up. "Shake-shake-shake! Shake-shake-shake! Shake your baby!" This is not recommended by the Academy of Pediatrics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home