The Gray Pages

Monday, December 03, 2007

Great moments in parenting

Humming a song to yourself, wondering what tune is stuck in your head, and realizing it's "Do your ears hang low?"

(Did anyone know that there's more than one verse?)

(And isn't it a little odd that NIH has a page with those lyrics on it? Is the National Institutes of Health diagnosing ear problems? Because if, indeed, you can tie your ears in a bow, you've got problems that the best researchers at NIH really ought to be looking into.)

5 Comments:

  • Finally, a post that's not about baseball or politics.

    Give the little one a hug from Aunt Sarah!

    By Blogger SKBK, at 11:01 PM  

  • Baseball and politics are what I do around here. And occasional posts about my life. You're as likely to read about my coupons as my daughter.

    By Blogger Josh, at 10:11 AM  

  • What SKBK is trying to say is that your readers want to hear more about your coupons & your daughter and less about baseball & politics.

    By Blogger dl004d, at 4:14 PM  

  • We don't know of another verse to this song, but we did come up with our own second stanza:

    Do your ears stick out?
    Do they waggle all about?
    Do they scrape along the walls
    When you walk down narrow halls?
    Do they catch a lot of breeze
    Like full sails in open seas?
    Do your ears... stick... out?

    I can't believe I just typed that.

    By Blogger Evan Jake, at 12:45 AM  

  • I believe it was William Randolph Hearst who said, "The people will believe what I tell them to believe."

    And I say the Yankees suck.

    By Blogger Josh, at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home