The Gray Pages

Friday, October 07, 2005

Weak

Proud, and irritated.

Proud about cheering Graffanino, irritated about troting out Tom Brunansky for the first pitch. Childish. Yankee-like.

The cheers ought to put to rest any comparision of Tony G. with Buckner, not that it's stopped various mediots from saying it. No angst, I promise.

I watched Bruno's catch on TV. If I remember correctly, there was absolutely no camera angle that confirmed he actually caught the ball, and the ump was in no position to see, either.

WHITE SOX 9TH: Pasqua grounded out (first unassisted); Ventura flied to left; Sosa singled to center; Fletcher was hit by a pitch [Sosa to second]; MCCRAY RAN FOR FLETCHER; Guillen lined to right; 0 R, 1 H, 0 E, 2 LOB. White Sox 1, Red Sox 3.

1 Comments:

  • Grateful For The Ovation

    "I was moved beyond belief. I was definitely touched. And if I allowed it to happen, I could have cried because I wasn't really sure what was going to happen. Those kind of things mean so much. I don't think people can really describe it. That was a huge moment for me. That's something I'll never forget."

    "I'd love to [return]," Graffanino said. "This is by far the most fun I've had in my baseball career. I think part of it is I'm playing in this environment with that kind of crowd. This is just a blast."

    By Blogger Josh, at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home