The Gray Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's a big country

The GOP primaries have reminded me how poorly I fit in with that party. Every time a Republican has said something I find reasonable -- that its immoral to punish children of illegal immigrants (Huckabee and McCain), that some gun control is sensible (Guiliani), that states can help poor people buy health insurance (Romney), that Bush lied us into Iraq (Paul), it's derided as out of the Republican mainstream, and a potential weakness. Romney just put out an ad bragging that he didn't commute a single jail sentence as governor or pardon anyone.

This just in: I'm not a Republican.

2 Comments:

  • This revelation has shattered my world. And all these years, I thought you were a model conservative.

    By Blogger ed002d, at 11:07 AM  

  • Hi, they're both the same party with a little bit of different window dressing. Enjoy the deck chairs on the Titanic. If you think I'm just being cute, compare the policies of the likely Democratic nominee with any of the mainstream Republicans.

    Highly recommend this Atlantic article.

    By Blogger Tom Clancy, at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home